Do you want to know something cool about being pregnant and clueless? There’s a website called babycenter.com that fills me in on everything I need to know. I get this weekly e-mail message that tells me how big my fetus is in relation to different foods. Last week it was a lemon; the week before it was a jumbo shrimp; before that it was a fig, etc. I can’t imagine what these e-mails are like for people who have morning sickness. I’m sickness-free and I still get totally grossed out thinking about a jumbo shrimp growing inside of me.
My weekly e-mail messages also tell me about how much weight I’ve probably gained, what symptoms I’m likely to be feeling, and what I should or should not do while I’m pregnant. I’ve learned all kinds of amazing tidbits that I never would have known on my own. Did you know that it’s not good to eat soft cheese when you’re pregnant? It’s also not good to take a bath in water that’s hotter than 101 degrees.
Luckily, the weekly e-mails haven’t said anything specifically about snowboarding, so I’m pretty sure that means I can still go. I’ve been really careful about not falling down, just so you know. And I feel okay about it because my mom said she skied when she was pregnant. She said I shouldn’t even ask the doctor if it’s okay because he might say I shouldn’t go, just so he won’t be held liable.
The best part of my weekly learn-how-to-be-pregnant e-mail is when it tells me the symptoms I might be experiencing. It seems like every week I discover something weird that is happening to my body, and of course it never crosses my mind that this new weird thing might have to do with being pregnant. Then, a day or two later, I always get my new e-mail telling me that I’m normal. Last week I told Ben that the second I stop eating I’m hungry again. It just started, all of a sudden. I couldn’t stop eating. Then, the next day I got my friendly reminder that when you’re 15 weeks pregnant, you might be ravenously hungry all the time. Those babycenter.com people are amazing! How did they know?
Friday, March 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think that site is great. I went to it yesterday and signed up, because I was doing absolutely nothing in downtown Denver and getting paid more for it than I've ever been paid in my life(which is the exact situation I find myself in now, isn't almost having a college degree great). Anyway, it is giving us lots of tips on how not to screw up Spiz's cousin any more than is inevitable due to his biological father. I'm glad you've found it too.
Baby Center is a good one, although if you sign up for the "extra" at 2.99 a month, they gouge you a $30 one time joining fee. Very lame. Other ones I like are babyzone.com, which does it weekly, and pregnancydaily.com which gives you info everyday. That's always the highlight for me when I get to work, to see what my body's doing.
Post a Comment