Right after I got married, I came up with this theory that it doesn’t matter who you marry, because you could be happy with anyone. I thought that the way I felt about Ben before I married him could not possibly have been love, because it was NOTHING compared to the way I felt about him after I married him. I just figured the super-strong feelings of affection were something that came with every marriage, and it didn’t matter who the guy was, because you would automatically start to love him a million times more than you ever thought possible.
I have since realized that I actually have the perfect husband and that’s why my marriage is so easy and wonderful. In the eight years that I’ve known him, Ben has never said anything mean to me. He’s my best friend in the whole world and he respects me and loves me more than anything. He laughs at my jokes and he takes me seriously when I come up with silly theories about nothing. He’s so smart, and he doesn’t let anything bother him. He serves me like it’s a natural part of life, like it doesn’t take any effort at all. He entertains me and keeps me laughing every day. He can fix anything, and he works harder than anyone I know.
When I found out I was pregnant, I got really scared that having a baby would ruin my perfect relationship with my husband. Sometimes I still get nervous, but mostly now I just get excited that this little boy is going to be like a miniature Ben and I’ll get to watch him grow up and become just like his daddy. I love my husband!
Happy Anniversary, Ben!
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your post almost made me cry... and I'm a guy.
Post a Comment