Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Few Things You Should Know About the Villa Passalacqua

  • Vincenzo Bellini lived here for four years while he wrote three of his most famous operas.
  • George Clooney has a house nearby, where he lives for four months out of the year.
  • It is currently owned by a couple from Utah, who live in all 80 rooms of the house with just their two daughters, except for six weeks out of the year when they go on vacation and rent it out.
  • Right now, I live here.

We’re in Italy with Ben’s boss and his wife, and I honestly didn’t know there were people who took vacations like this. Here’s a picture of the villa from our boat on Lake Como:


It’s the giant white one right in the middle. Can you tell that I’m feeling a little out of place here?

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Incredible. Can Ben's boss get Casey a job? ;)

Anonymous said...

Your making me very jealous Kim!!!! Can Ben's boss get Bryan a job too? :)

The Crowley's said...

MIke can learn to make pools too! HOw awsome it this place-amber

Tricia said...

I wish I was feeling out of place with you...sigh.

Anonymous said...

Your friends are depressing. Tell the Pope I said hello. - Toby

kathryn said...

kim, stop feeling out of place and start feeling at home and require that ben start making loads of money to support your newly discovered lifestyle and buy a villa like that so that me and my family can totally mooch off you.

p.s. toby, the pope says you are depressing.