Thursday, October 08, 2009

The Glass Is Half Full

Liam came down with the flu last night, so he had to miss his preschool’s field trip to the fire station this morning.

I was feeling really sorry for him, so I called my dad to get some pity. But the best he could come up with was, “At least you probably won’t get hit by a tsunami, and if you do, you’re up on the hill so you might be safe.” And then, after a short pause, “I don’t know where the tsunami will come from, but if it comes from the Pacific, just know that your mother and I loved you guys.”

A few minutes later I instant messaged Schmath to see if she had any sympathy for Liam, but all she said was, “At least he’s not allergic to hamburgers.”

8 comments:

Schmath said...

I didn't know about the fire station! That makes it so much sadder. Poor Liam.

Schmath said...

P.S. Dad makes me laugh.

J-Dub said...

I love your dad. He cracks me up!

zippy said...

Poor Liam! What a bummer that you guys have been so sick! Maybe you & a few friends could contact the firestation (once everyone is well again) & arrange for a smaller, more one-on-one kind of tour...I hear firestations like to do that sort of thing. Hope you get feeling better ASAP!

Anonymous said...

Is he better now????
Love.
FDAD

Melissa said...

LOL This is funny.
Maybe it'd be good for me to be allergic to hamburgers.
I might loose this weight.

Angela said...

Kim your posts are so hilarious. I need to remember to read them more. I think your dad is just about as random as Schmath. Makes sense though, right?

dp said...

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! Except: it was a fish hatchery field trip that I missed out on, I was so very sad, my parents got me some gold fish as compensation - they died shortly after. so. much. pain.

Circa 1972