Monday, August 16, 2010

Overcoming My Mould Allergy

I know I said I wasn't a big fan of moulding, but now I'm kind of addicted.

This time it started with the piece of Ikea furniture that holds our TV:


Black was getting boring, so I painted it white:


But that wasn't enough, so I had to try this new board and batten trick I'd been seeing all over the Internet.

My basement last week:


My basement this week:


Next up: master bedroom. But don't tell Ben!

10 comments:

Morgan said...

LOVE it!! what a transformation! i can't wait until i have a house that i can do fun projects on. sigh.

Lisa said...

Kim - that looks awesome. I second, morgan, can't wait until I have a house to decorate!

The Fallon Schank's said...

Whoa--talent! (And too cute!) Come to my home! And your carpet's even neatly vacuumed!!! (You do need Nester to do the vacuum carpet design--jk...how did he do that anyway???)

zippy said...

Beautiful! My friend just redid her living room with that same technique. So I know I've said this before, but seriously...WHEN are you coming down here to do my house???? I SO want to frame out the contractor mirrors in our three bathrooms!! And I just absolutely LOVE moulding but don't have the tools nor the know how...I NEED. YOUR. HELP!!! I'd even be willing to PAY you. Let me know. : )

The Mathews Family said...

Great job! I love it so much!!! I wish I had a room I could try that with, but I dont think I could do it in our house :(

Liz Borchardt said...

I love it!! Thanks for the idea!!

Melissa said...

When do you do all of this?
When the kids are sleeping?
That's fantastic.
You're brilliant.

Tricia said...

If Ben doesn't want you to do the bedroom you can come to my house! It needs help. :)

It looks fantastical.

Leah said...

So THAT'S what you've been up to.

Looks awesome. Have you seen the ikeafans website? You should post your project on there.

Do you have a miter saw then? Ours is missing the guard so Garrit won't let me use it because he's afraid I'll hack my arm off. I'm itching to get my mould on.

ANYWAY GOOD JOB!

Leah said...

P.S. I also love your vacuum marks.