Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Totally Backfired

Liam always comes in my room when he wakes up in the morning. This morning I was already up when I heard him coming, so I hid behind the door and yelled, "BOO!" as he walked in.

I can’t help it—teasing is a horrible trait I inherited from my dad.

So, while he whimpered and jumped a mile, involuntarily smashing pieces off the Lego ship he was carrying, I started laughing hysterically. Unfortunately, my laugh turned into a cough, which triggered my pregnant, early-morning gag reflex, which sent me running into the bathroom to vomit.

It was a very confusing 10-seconds, and 7 hours later, I’m still coughing.

Poor Liam deserves a better mom.

2 comments:

bex said...

haha. oh man, I'm also going to be a mom that laughs at all the wrong times.

remember the time your dad put a plastic shepard from the lifesize nativity scene in your bed to scare you when you came home?

Tami said...

haha Kim! That is sad, but funny....I couldn't stop laughing! :)