Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Adorable Little Curve Ball

I really thought my baby was cured. And I still really believe the reflux medicine helps. But there must be something else going on, because sometimes he’s happy and adorable, like this:


But other times, no matter what I do, he looks more like this:

And even though I somehow kept a 6-year-old and a 3-year-old alive, I’m feeling like a first-time mom because this experience is just as crazy and mysterious as it was the first time around. Only this time it didn't stop after three months.

Isn’t motherhood exciting? I wish I could attach a screamy sound clip to that second photo, to remind myself that if I ever think a fourth child is a good idea I should adopt a one-year-old.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry Kim.

Tami said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Kim! How frustrating! He is cute, though!

kathryn said...

oh, not fun! I'm sorry and hope you figure something out soon... poor ollie.

Mo said...

I'm sorry, that really stinks. Devan and Lilah were both colicky but Lilah's lasted A LOT longer. Like pretty much the whole first year. I felt like I spent all my time trying to get her to sleep and STAY asleep. I was taking her to the Dr almost every week, convinced there was something wrong with her. We tried the acid reflux medicine, too, bu tut it never cured anything. She spent a lot of time in the moby/ergo and spent most nights in our bed, just so we could get some sleep.

I hope things turn around for you soon! Hang in there, it will get better.

Kim Dubois said...

A whole year, Morgan??? Yikes! And Danielle's baby had Lilah's symptoms for 18 months. I should stop complaining and start counting my blessings.