Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Hard to Believe


Spiz is 7 weeks old today. Can you believe how fast the time has gone? He’s like a totally different person today than he was 7 weeks ago. He’s almost twice as big as he was and he’s at least ten times as happy. He has a lot less hair now, and even though his bald spots are kind of weird-looking, I think he looks a lot more normal than he did a few weeks ago.

Yesterday I was reading the blog of someone else with a 7-week-old baby and she said her baby is down to pooping only twice a week now. I find that very hard to believe because Spiz still poops every time he eats, which is about 7 times/day. Seriously, he’s the poop master.

I also find it hard to believe that Liam likes Ben more than he likes me, but he does. Ben is not a source of food like I am, he’s not even around during the day, and he plays with the baby like he’s a puppy instead of a newborn, but for some reason Spiz loves his dad to death and he cries when I take him away.

And since we’re on the subject of things that are hard to believe, I can’t believe how fun motherhood is. I thought keeping my job would help me keep my sanity, but I’m actually finding that work just gets in the way of my baby time. I would way rather spend my time making silly faces and high-pitched noises than sitting at the computer, because a smile from Liam is worth more than all of the money in the world.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

That is an adorable baby! You have to keep posting photos of the little guy!

Maggie said...

PS. Yesterday this kid asked me if I was Irish and I said, "I'm Maggie O' the Irish."

Kim Dubois said...

YAY for Maggie O' the Irish! I'm so glad you kept your name. Utah just isn't the same without you, Maggie.

Anonymous said...

Very cute baby ! I've only just discovered your blog so please don't give up on it !

Martyn another Taurean , Kate Rusby fan :-)