Thursday, June 14, 2007

Copycat

Over the last few weeks, Liam has been showing off his newfound personality. Sometimes I wish he would keep it to himself, but that’s probably just me letting him stay up late too many nights in a row and then calling his lack of sleep a “personality.”

One day last week I got out a few cookbooks to help make a grocery list. Liam wanted to read one of the cookbooks, and he had a fit when I wouldn’t give him one. Finally I succumbed, even though I knew it would probably come back with one or two pages missing.

Instead, Liam climbed up in the chair next to me, opened the cookbook, and started turning pages. The best part, however, was that before every page he turned he stuck all of his fingers in his mouth and made a “tsk” noise.

Apparently I had been doing that thing that all elementary school teachers do, where they lick their fingers before they turn the pages. And Liam was copying me like it was some kind of fun game.

3 comments:

kathryn said...

maggie loves playing copy Kat, too. if i give her a choice of say, sandwiches at lunch time, she'll tap her finger on her chin and say, "hmmm, let's see... how about... THIS ONE!"

instead of therapists i think people should just have toddlers follow them around for a week. it's very self-revealing.

Melissa said...

I've decided that you are on vacation. Please come back. I'm checking your blog compuslively now, and I'm scared.

Melissa said...

Oh, yes - for those of you who don't know what compuslively means - I'm sorry - you're just not as smart as I am.