Monday, June 11, 2007

Why Do I Love Banjo Jokes So Much?

The Onion posted this sweet article on Saturday about a banjo player who caused all kinds of commotion by starting hootenanies all over Boston.


My favorite part is a quote from some made-up dude about how the banjo player totally messed up his schedule:

"I was already late for work last Monday morning when that smiling fellow started that hootenanny on [Boston Common]," stockbroker Sid Daley said. "It's one thing when infectious banjo music compels you to grab the nearest washboard or empty jug and join along on a Friday night or a Saturday afternoon, but on a Monday morning, when I have meetings? There's a time and a place for letting this kind of deal go down, is all I'm saying."

Honestly, who comes up with this stuff?

3 comments:

bex said...

We need to send this to my mom.

Melissa said...

Why do I love Kim's blog so much? Oh wait, it's because we have almost identical senses of humor. I ran into a banjo player at the airport the other day, and the stories are true - people were missing flights left and right.

Katie said...

I love the Onion. I love Boudler!