Friday, May 29, 2009

Grandma Great


Eliza was born on Ben’s grandma’s 78th birthday. She was her very first great-granddaughter. Grandma Great had heart surgery a few weeks ago, and she found out on Wednesday that her replacement valve was leaking and she was too weak for more surgery. Her response was, “But I wanted to see Ellie get fat little elbows and ankles.”

Even though everyone assured her that of course she would get to see Eliza get chubby, Grandma died this morning.

When Liam woke up I told him that Grandma Great went to Heaven because she wanted to be with Grandpa Great. He said, “Hmm. I don’t think that’s a very good idea.”

Quite frankly, I don’t think it’s a very good idea either.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry guys.

Bethany said...

oh i'm so sorry to hear that, she was the greatest. that is such a sweet picture to have.

Claire said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. :-(

Unknown said...

Kim I hope everyone is doing okay. She was such a sweetheart! Give my best to the family.

mom said...

Oh, I'm so sorry.
I really thought she would live to see Eliza get chubby, as well as several other great-granddaughters; she seemed so full of life.
She will be dearly missed, but undoubtedly dearly welcomed on the other side.

zippy said...

Our condolences to you all. It's always hard to lose a loved one, but there is comfort in knowing they are being well taken care of across the veil. I'm glad you've got good memories of Grandma Great that you can share with Eliza (as well as Liam) as she grows and gets chubby!

Bingham fam said...

I am sorry! I hate that! I think it is great that eliza and her share a birthday. You will always have something to tell her that she had in common with her grandma. I hope you all are doing ok! PS that is a great picture!!!!

dp said...

That was lovely Kim.
I'm so sorry.