Thursday, March 18, 2010

I've Said It Before...

And I'll say it again: one-year-olds are totally rad.

Today is Eliza's birthday, which means, as of this morning, I'm done breastfeeding. I could take Tylenol right now. I could even take Nyquil! I could go on vacation and leave her with my parents. The possibilities are endless.

Eliza only weighs 16 pounds, so she's still my sweet little baby. She still smells delicious, and she still loves me more than anybody else. But she can play by herself and laugh at Liam all day long, and she has enough hair to do all kinds of fun things with. I love this age!

Happy birthday, Ellie! Thanks for the freedom.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Only 16 pounds?!? Charlie could eat her. And next time you have a baby you should loose your milk around 4 months. The freedom is grand!!! (Ok, it was sad, too.)

Happy Birthday Eliza!!!!

The Fallon Schank's said...

She is as cute as can be!

Melissa said...

Good for you Kim.

Leah said...

YAY for Eliza's birthday! What does she want for her birthday???

You guys can stop by anytime. I am usually in my pajamas. And my house is usually a mess. But you've lived with me so you already know that. Come by anytime :)