Monday, May 10, 2010

Anybody Need Half a Package of Pull-Ups?

After 4 ½ years, Liam is finally sleeping in underwear. He went from totally soaked Pull-Ups to completely dry underwear in one night. I'm a little bugged that he hasn't had an accident, because this probably means he could have stopped wearing diapers months ago. Maybe even years ago!

One morning last week, I woke him up before he had a chance to wet his diaper. I clapped and praised him and told him I was so proud, we were going to get him a toy that very day. Not the scooter I had been promising he could have when he was finished with diapers, but a little toy. That very day!

That was all it took. And I feel like I've been played.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Our kids probably play us more than we know, so we have to figure it out right?
LOL

mom said...

It runs in the family. All I had to do was promise you ballet lessons and you were potty trained in one day. And you were barely 2.
Then came the hard part...finding a ballet class that would accept 2-year-olds.