Saturday, May 15, 2010

Projet du Jour

I don’t know the first thing about moulding, but I know I’m not a huge fan of the chair rail that cuts our living room and hallway in half.


I am, however, a giant fan of wainscoting. At least I think I am. I’m not entirely sure what that word means, but I did a google images search and liked what I saw. Then I searched for “picture frame moulding” and “faux wainscoting,” and I decided that with Ben’s help, I could pull this off.

Ben reluctantly hopped on board, and now I think that chair rail is one of the best things to have ever happened to my house.




11 comments:

Schmath said...

That's so awesome! How come I didn't know about this? Was it a surprise?

Tami said...

You're amazing! Very cute! :)

Celeste said...

Freaking cute! Please tell me that when you say du jour you don't literally mean that you did that in one day??? It looks great! Like Tony the tiger grrrrrreat!

The Mathews Family said...

It's fantastic - I love it! Great job guys!

Kim Dubois said...

Thanks, guys! It actually took several hours on Thursday, several more hours on Friday, and one last coat of paint this morning. So, not really "du jour."

Schmath: SURPRISE!!! Does it feel like your birthday?

The Fallon Schank's said...

Wow, can I hire you?????????

Schmath said...

It'd feel more like my birthday if it were in my house. Is this what you were talking about when you said you were making white picture frames out of moulding?

Tricia said...

Kim, I feel like you are a show off. Geez.

(But thanks for showing off...I've been thinking about doing something like this in my bedroom.)

Leah said...

Oh la la. Love it. So fancy.

J-Dub said...

That looks good! Now you just need to do some ascotting.

hb said...

um YEAH! that looks sooooo good!