Friday, July 02, 2010

Belated Anniversary

I called my outdoorsy neighbor on Wednesday to see if she knew where I could find hot dog roasters. She told me that Target normally has them, but that they were out when she looked for some there the day before.

“Really?” I asked. “You were just looking for some yesterday?”
“Yes,” she answered. “It was our anniversary yesterday.”

I got off the phone and promptly started making fun because who buys hot dog roasters for an anniversary present? But instead of joining in, Ben asked, “What’s the date today?”

That’s when we realized that we had totally forgotten about our 8-year anniversary on Monday. What’s lamer than getting hot dog roasters for your anniversary? Probably skipping it all together.

4 comments:

kelly | i know. i'm blushing. said...

At least you BOTH forgot. That way no one gets in trouble. :)

Tami said...

That's too funny! I never forget your anniversary because it's the same day as Lisa's birthday. :) Happy Anniversary....nothing wrong with celebrating late!

Leah said...

Ooops. That's what happens when you've had such a busy month. Well, happy belated anniversary.

The Fallon Schank's said...

I will never forget your anniversary! 'Love you 2!
FDAD
(And happy hotdog roaster to you!)