The seller only wanted $5 each and I liked their shape, but he lived 23 minutes away and I wasn't sure they were worth the drive. But then he said he would meet me by the freeway, so I couldn't pass them up.
When I got there, I found out that they were actually lamps for giants.

I couldn't really say, "No, thanks," since the guy had driven so far to meet me, so I gave him my $10 and took them home to dissect. It ended up being super easy to take them apart, and then super easy to paint them and put parts of them back together. I got some embroidery hoops and reshaped the lampshades, and now I'm sort of in love.
10 comments:
The bottom looks completely different as well.
How did you do that?
Haha. Lamps for giants. How'd you change the shape? That's crazy!
um kind of in love? I'd say so!!! Those look awesome! Great work!
They're beautiful!!! Will you come redo my house???
I'm pretty sure your major should have been mechanical engineering instead of linguistics. Then, with just a subtle design mocification, these lamps would make toast as well.
Can you do a tutorial called embroidery-hoops-to-cute-as-a-button-lamp-shades because I don't get how you did that. Do you do classes?
Good one, Trish. I thought about taking a picture of the 'during' process, but I was too lazy to get my camera. I'll e-mail you directions.
what? your eyes saw that those giant gold lamps could be turned into mini cute red things? visionary. Don't tell the guy who sold em to you for $5 each. He is going to think he got ripped off.
Looks awesome as usual.
How did you paint those? Was it just spray paint? Because they look like metal so did you have to use special paint? I agree with Trish, just host a class or just email me those directions for the lamp shade thing, por favor.
Post a Comment