Sunday, April 03, 2011

And So It Begins

No more than 10 minutes after we finished watching General Conference this morning, while Eliza was eating lunch and minding her own business, I walked into the kitchen and overheard Liam say, "I hate you, Eliza."

I sure didn't see that one coming at age 5.

3 comments:

mom said...

Hmmm, too bad he used the "h" word at lunch, because if he waited until AFTER the afternoon session of conference, then you would have had that wonderful talk (on disciplining children with the spirit) fresh on your mind!
My guess is that the speaker would have told you to remind Liam what a really great boy he is, and how much he is loved by his Heavenly Father, and that Eliza is also very loved; and how sad it makes you (and probably Heavenly Father, too), to hear him say that to Eliza. Then maybe help him rephrase his frustration ("I'm angry that she broke my toy...ate my cookie...screamed in my ear"), and figure out how to resolve it. (Then hope he doesn't use an even worse word, or suggest hitting her!)
I'd say if you haven't heard the "h" word until now, you're pretty lucky. Liam really is a great kid.

Benielle said...

:(

Benielle said...

just finished reading your mom's comments, I agree. And Liam really is a great kid!