I had originally used spray adhesive on Liam’s world map canvases, but they just looked too poster-y for me so I Mod Podged them. That was a huge mistake. Now they look like bubble wrap. I would show you a picture, but I didn’t take one before I ripped them apart.
For my second attempt, I went to the Silhouette machine. I started by painting over this canvas that used to hang in our old house.

Then I asked my Silhouette to make a world map out of contact paper, stuck it to the canvas (like a stencil), and painted blue around it.

And now Liam is stuck with another imperfect map of the world on his bedroom wall. No one is allowed within 10 feet of this...especially if you’re from the east coast or Saudi Arabia. But at least it has no air bubbles.
5 comments:
Wow, looks great to me!
(You are far too talented, Kimmi-Cakes!)
I LOVE THE SIHLOUETTE!!!! that is freaking rad.
I think it looks awesome! I'm just impressed you bothered to put Cuba in there (or is that Haiti?).
wow kim. More cute and probably more cheap than ikea's world map! lucky liam.
I like it! Good job!
Post a Comment