I promised myself I wouldn’t get my hopes up, but then I started planning our meals for the rest of the week: dinner at P.F. Chang’s, lunch tomorrow at Chick-fil-A, Five Guys after that, then Cold Stone for dessert and Thai Food the next day…
I even told Liam that maybe after we got his test results back he could have a bag of M&Ms. Can you believe that kid can’t even eat plain M&Ms?
Well, the blood test came back positive. The doctor can’t figure out what went wrong with his scratch tests, so we’ll be going back in for a re-test in a couple weeks. BOO.
Tuesday, August 02, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
with Michael he was all over the place with his results. A ton of things showed up on the blood work that he does fine with. I mean like everything in the book. I got all stressed about this but the doctor said I was just going to have to try each food and wait for a reaction. He told me they have to be positive in the blood work and have a physical reaction to the food. Its still hard with Michael because I can't always tell if its the food or his skin issues from being dry. I hate that it is not cut and dry for me. We haven't tried peanuts because he refuses to try them but we have done a lot of the stuff you listed. Do you just stay away from it because there could be peanuts there? I guess Michael's numbers are really low for peanuts too.
Huge bummer!
But, wait a minute--he's a prestigious charter member of the elite cool, anti-peanut club (along with Chels, Easton and Talon.) It gets easier as they get older--you don't have to worry so much, because they are responsible and careful about what they eat. Chels isn't tempted by anything peanut--it's like liver, who wants it? (Hostess products seem to avoid any nuts. Stay away from granola bars, Ritz Bits, and Chex Mix...but you probably already know that.)
Post a Comment