Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Boys' Room


Eliza’s crib was a little too girly for my taste, but when I got ready to sell it on KSL, I found out it had been recalled. So instead of selling it for half price, I returned it to Babies R Us and got a full refund! I told them I felt guilty, since we had used it for 2½ years, but they told me not to because the manufacturer really didn’t want me using it anymore. Score! Guilt-free store credit!

So I used my refund to buy a less-curvy crib, then sold Eliza’s crib bedding on KSL and bought some that sort-of matched Liam’s bedding on Overstock. I wasn’t a huge fan of the red crib skirt, though, so I switched out two sides for blue. (I’m much too lazy to spend any effort on the sides that don’t show.)


I also painted Liam’s bed white, to match the crib.



I found this dresser on the side of the road on Bulk Waste Pick-Up Day, but I forgot to take a "before" picture of it. It was old and gross, with chipped light blue paint and nasty, painted-on knobs, and it had spider webs in every crevice. I didn’t want to spend money on it, since it was so trashed, so I just spackled, painted, stenciled some numbers on it and used rope instead of buying new knobs. Rope goes with the nautical theme, right?


The decorations were all in Liam’s old room, except “row, row, row your boat…,” which I made with my Silhouette machine and some contact paper.


And now that the fun's over, I guess it's time to get ready for a real, live baby. Only 2½ weeks to go...YIKES!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks fantastic Kim.
We must be due at the exact same time.
Crazy!!

Schmath said...

I love it! That dresser looks awesome. And I love the manly crib.

kathryn said...

the rope drawer pulls and stenciled numbers on the dresser are so cool! great job on the boys' room- I love it! when is your babies bday?

p.s. apparently i am a robot because it took me 4 trys to type in the words correctly...

The Fallon Schank's said...

This is super-cute!!!! Move here. Redo my home! (I'll be your nanny!)

Kim Dubois said...

March 2, Robot Kat. When is your baby's b-day? And when do we get to find out if it's a girl or boy?

Aunt Debbie, I think that sounds like a fantastic trade. Sign me up!

kathryn said...

i'm due june 25th. and i find out this friday what i'm having (feb 24th).

Benielle said...

Super cute. How do you have the energy to do all that? Your third baby is going to be a breeze. You are going to sail through....

Can't wait to see his face!

danielandjamietervort said...

So cute! I love the white crib and dresser!