Ben started a new job three months ago, and the health insurance doesn’t kick in until February 1st. We’ve been on COBRA since the job switch, but this month I thought it might be fun to not pay the $1,100 and just be uninsured for a month. All of our doctors and the new insurance provider said it was fine to have a lapse in coverage. Plus, if we needed it, we could have still sent in the check and been covered in January up until the post office closed today.
So really, there are only about seven hours between when we could have been covered in January and when the new insurance starts. Right now we’re in the middle of those seven hours, and I’ve never been so paranoid.
First I thought Ben would definitely get in a car accident on the way home from work. Then I just knew Liam or Eliza would fall off their chairs and crack their heads open during dinner. And now I’m imagining that every movement my baby makes is a contraction, and I’m probably in labor.
Here’s hoping the next three hours go by faster than the last three.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Kim! This may sound cheasy, but I'm so glad we've been friends since we were 7! I just love you. :) You always crack me up. In two hours you will be able to sleep peacefully!
Oooh, not to worry, however... I am well acquainted with those late night ridiculous thoughts that wake me me up in the wee hours. Hey, it's 2:08 pst. You are now safe!
Post a Comment