Saturday, August 25, 2012

Using My Third Grade Math Skills

I almost just went to bed, at 9:00 p.m. on a Saturday. Then I remembered that it’s August 25th, and on the 25th day of any month I think it’s kind of fun to figure out what fraction of a year old I am that month. My birthday is April 25th, so today is my 1/3 birthday.

But this year I’m 33, so it's actually my 33 1/3 birthday. Today I’m one-third of a century old! What a milestone! I can’t believe I almost slept through it.

5 comments:

Schmath said...

Haha. Happy 33 1/3 birthday!

Tami said...

hehe! Kim, you crack me up!!

be said...

That's kind of awesome. Happy third-century.

be said...

I meant third OF a century. My last comment made it sound like you were 3 centuries old. That'd be a good trick.

kathryn said...

im so glad that your bday is exactly one month before mine... so now next month on sept 25 i can celebrate my 33.3333333333... birthday!