My new job is so great! I have a window, a closet, and a whiteboard in my office; there's a free gym at my work; and I'm wearing pants! I never had any of those things before. Plus, I get to use my brain for the first time since college. And my favorite part is that since I didn't know any of these people, I didn't have to tell them that I'm shy and unsure of myself. I just pretend that I'm assertive and confident, and I think they're buying it. I even conducted my own meeting. I'm having the time of my life!
Last weekend I got highlights in my hair. I feel like such a grown-up. My natural hair color is this ugly color of brown that should be any color other than what it is. I've dyed it black and red and dark brown, but I've never gone lighter because that's what moms do...at least in my world. But Ben's boss took us to Las Vegas and he gave all of the girls a $200 credit for the spa and salon. So I decided that since I'll probably never get highlights with my own money, I'll get them while they're free. And it cost the whole $200! I wouldn't recommend the Bellagio salon if you're cheap like me. So probably in a couple weeks I'll cover up these blond stripes with some other, darker color, but for now I'm a grown-up professional with a fun, fun job.
Thursday, September 30, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you got a job you like! Also that you get to be a grown up! Way to go!
Post a Comment