Every time the list of blogs on Provo Platinum gets longer, I feel like I’m getting older. With his rapidly-growing list of friends, it seems like I hardly even know Be anymore, even though he just came over last weekend and confirmed that he really hasn’t changed by attaching his belt to a tree in our backyard and then running to see if he could pull the stump out.
Sometimes he even removes links from the list, but still it continues to grow. What about those of us who are used to the old list—the one that had the White Skinned Goddess on it? Are we supposed to type in her address manually every time we want to see pictures of that Florida chick’s baby?
I’m kind of jealous that Bryant keeps making new friends while all of my friends keep moving away. And how come he always gets to date hot, smart girls even though he lives in his grandma’s basement and has a mullet?
His name has been shortened from Be to B, and I wonder if this new generation of Provo-ites even knows that his nickname came from Kobe Bryant.
I was starting to feel overwhelmed trying to keep up with the Provo Platinum scene, but then last night I decided to give it one more chance. And that’s when I realized that I know a lot more people on that list than I thought I did. Of the 38 blogs currently listed, I personally know 12 writers and have met at least 3 more. That’s not too bad, right? I mean, it’s still not even half, but it’s better than the 2 or 3 that I thought I knew.
Plus, I realized that some of the people I thought were strangers were actually people like Ben’s cousin Jason and Karen the hair-cutter. I bet most of the people on that list have never even met those guys. And what about people like my best friend Becca and the Daily Kirk? I’m pretty sure I know those guys even better than Bryant does.
So forget it, Provo Platinum. I refuse to be overwhelmed by you anymore. I can totally keep up with the list. You can’t break me!
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I know exactly what you're talking about. It's real tough. I think I know less people on the list than you do.
This is my favorite blog post ever.
The white skinned goddess and Bryant never really got along anyway. Although it really is too bad since I LOVE "Baby Girl" photos! Also since it's my sister I go there first anyway.
Bryant is sneaky... he gets you to like him and THEN he does things like grow and mullet and move into good ol' Grandma's basement. But by then, you're already hooked. (Have you heard about his plans for the next 3 months? ...Oh my gosh... shoot me now. I don't know if I'll make it through "No-Groom June;" "Mustache May" was hard enough.) And no, I am embarrased to admit, that I didn't know the origin of his nickname. But that's why there are cool people like you to keep us informed! Maybe one day we should all get together and have a ProPlat meet-and-greet.
i knew that Be came from Kobe Bryant - Bryant's FAVORITE nickname that North 1 ever gave him.
Oh man, that is really funny that you want to see GFF's baby through my site.
Sometimes it is better to part than to stay together...such is the way with me and B.
I miss you.
Post a Comment