Tuesday, May 30, 2006

In Loving Memory

Dear Laptop,

I realize that you were like 100 years old in computer years, and that when I found you on Craig’s List I knew you would be a short-term member of our family, but I just wasn’t prepared for how much it would hurt when you died this weekend.

I’ve spent more time with you in the last few months than I have with any other inanimate object. Except maybe my bed.

I was lying when I told you that I only needed you to play Liam’s favorite Baby Einstein DVD while we flew to California a few months ago and to give me Internet access while I worked from home for a few months. I have grown to depend on you, Laptop. I needed you for so much more. I still need you.

Please come back.

Sincerely,
Kim

3 comments:

be said...

(single tear)

kathryn said...

yeah, a tear of laughter...that's the only kind of tear be knows...

dp said...

I have a hard time saying goodbye to old shoes. Computers - I've got at least 5 in the basement.