Tuesday, October 31, 2006

If I Had a Nickel...

...for every time somebody asked me if Liam’s dad has red hair, I would be rich enough to buy at least two packs of Skittles. Is it really that uncommon for a brown-haired girl and a blond-haired boy to have a red-haired baby? I used to take the time to explain, “No, he’s blond, but three of Liam’s four great-grandmas have red hair, and I’ve heard that it’s pretty common for red hair to skip generations.” That got old pretty fast, though, and it turns out that no one really cares about the genetics involved in Liam’s hair color.

I decided to take matters into my own hands. Do you think people will stop asking questions now?

3 comments:

Katie said...

My mom did this too.

kathryn said...

kim! how on earth did you get red hair with a blond-haired mom and a gray-haired dad???? i'm sooooo confused!

kathryn said...

by the way... this post made me think of that song, "If I had a Nickle". Remember that song?

If I had a nickle
I would buy myself a pickle
And I'd put it in the middle
Of a sandwich with a little
Bit of butter and bologna
And I'd eat it if I only
Had a nickle for a pickle...
But I don't.

Thanks so much for getting that song stuck in my head. I'm going crazy. Maggie loves the song though. She dances when I sing it. Like a little monkey.