Why do I always buy the cheapest kind of onion and always get charged for the more expensive kind? And if it bugs me so much, why don’t I bring it up when the check-out lady types in the produce number? Probably because the difference between one onion at $ .44/lb and one onion at $ .77/lb is like 5 cents and not worth the time it takes to listen to my sad story, insert a key, void the old price, and enter the new price.
Yesterday I tried to work the system. I picked out a $ .77/lb onion and thought, “Ha HA! Maybe today they’ll charge me for the $ .44/lb kind, since they obviously can’t tell the difference.”
I watched hopefully as the check-out lady typed in the number, and then the amount popped up on the screen—$1.19/lb.
Unbelievable.
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hmmm, this sounds like a case of "lack-of-guts" to me. that or you're obviously not using your "special-values-rewards-savings-VIP-customer" card.
That is exactly why I use the self-scan.
I hate ringing up produce in the self scan. I feel like I'm taking way too long and people behind me are getting irritated. Probably because I get irritated when other people take too long in the self check-out lane.
I think the answer is to just not buy produce. Switch to Hersey brand products. They're great.
You need to just get it out, Kim. Maybe you can just get ready to cause a huge scene when they ring up the wrong price. Just all pumped for making a big deal out of it. I just suggest that because I figure you'll probably still chicken out, so maybe if you get yourself prepped for a big deal then your "lack-of-guts" version can still say something meekly.
And I hate the self-checkout, too. Not because I think I take too long (even though I do get annoyed when other people take too long), but because I think those checkers should be doing the job they're getting paid for, instead of making me do it. I think it's annoying when there's a giant line of self-checkers and the workers just stand there waiting for something to break (which it always does) instead of opening an actual check stand.
Post a Comment