Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Controversial Radio Show

Salt Lake’s biggest controversy right now is a radio station called FM 100. They play Christmas music from Labor Day to the end of the year. Christmas enthusiasts love it, non-enthusiasts don’t, and non-enthusiasts who work with enthusiasts who stream it online during work really hate it.

I haven’t had an opinion about the Christmas music marathon because it hasn’t affected me until now. A few weeks ago I found out that FM 100 plays Church music on Sundays. A girl’s got to have something to listen to before The Bluegrass Express starts, so I made the controversial station into one of my presets. On Monday my car stereo was still set to 100.3, so Oh Holy Night was playing when I got in. Normally I would probably change the station, but I decided to give it a chance. Now it’s two days later and my car stereo hasn’t changed. Don’t tell Ben (he’s in the category of non-enthusiasts who work with enthusiasts who stream FM 100 online during work), but I’m totally becoming a fan of Christmas music before Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

kathryn said...

oh the horror... actually i was just thinking the other day that i'd like to get some christmas music cd's. liz story to be exact. anyways, i just hope you're not already putting up your tree.

Anonymous said...

I am totally an enthusiast, I've been listening to Christmas music for a while now. I think Labor Day is a little early for a radio station to be playing Christmas music, they should wait until at least after Halloween.

Tricia said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

be said...

Wow. Salt Lake's biggest controversy.