Saturday, November 11, 2006

In Case You Were Wondering Whether Decorating Stores Were as Cool as Sporting Goods Stores

Yesterday Liam threw up in the middle of Tai Pan. Other than the newborn spit-up thing, it was his first time and I was totally unprepared for the whole experience.

As I stood there staring at him, wondering what I should do next and whether it would require getting my new vest dirty, no less than 400 women came out of nowhere with wads of paper towels, mini packages of Kleenex, and wet wipes, saying, “We’ve all been there” and “Poor little guy” and “What a sweetheart.”

Say what you want about stereotyping, but I just don’t think I would have gotten that kind of help at Cabela’s.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to go to Cabela's to get the Christmas present I chose for my husband and I really don't want to. First of all, the closest one is the largest Cabela's and second of all, I have no idea what to do in a sporting goods store. I totally have the stereotype stuck in my head. We'll see what happens!

Melissa said...

I wish there would have been a similar reaction when Maddie let loose at Cafe Rio. Apparently people aren't as "vomit friendly" when they are eating.