Thursday, August 02, 2007

Who Are You and What Have You Done with My Baby?

Almost 2-year-olds are like the opposite of fun. What happened to my perfect little 1 ½-year-old?

Today Liam woke up asking for “Mater.” When I told him that no, we weren’t going to watch a movie right now because first we had to get dressed and eat breakfast, he freaked out. He started crying hysterically and yelling between sobs, “McQueen! Sally! Luigi! LUIGI!” Finally I convinced him that life might possibly be worth living by offering to read him a book, but as soon as we finished his bottom lip started quivering again.

A few hours later I gave in and let the boy watch his movie, and would you believe that instead of sitting there gratefully watching his movie like I thought he was doing, he was actually drawing with pencil all over the walls?

Seriously?

6 comments:

Melissa said...

WELCOME KIM! We've been waiting for you here in terrible two land. I remember thinking, "Oh, Maddie won't go through that, she's too cute and funny." Totally wrong. I did go online and do a bit of research, though - just an excuse, two year molars are pretty painful. Good luck.

Mo said...

You are lucky. Devan started her terrible twos the day she was born.

Tricia said...

I say take him back and get a new one.

Kim Dubois said...

Good idea. One that will stay 1 1/2 forever.

Leah said...

Wait. You're telling me two-year-olds are more terrible than one-year-olds?! Are you sure?

Well then, I also REALLY need to find a way to keep Drew one forever. Will you ask your mom, Kim? She's really smart. Maybe she knows.

Thanks.

mom said...

Sweethearts, it's all relative. Borrow three 4-year-olds for a day, and voile! your babies will be the best age ever!

Keep doing this trick every year until they hit 17, after that it doesn't work anymore...19-year-olds are perfect! (And if they're not, you just marry them off.)