Monday, August 04, 2008

Breaking Dawn

I finished the last vampire book yesterday, and now I kind of wish I had stopped after number three. Is it just me, or was that one a little more ridiculous than the rest?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I just finished the first "Bella" section and I'm already feeling the same way. It's like she has to make it more crazy and unrealistic everytime!

Melissa said...

I haven't read it yet. Should I really not read it Kim?

Tricia said...

I finished today and feel like it was actually ok. Maybe because I was just relieved that Bella wasn't a freakin' whiner the whole book.

I also set my expectations pretty low.

zippy said...

I'm just glad it's all wrapped up now. Plus I was finally able to make a decision as to who I would align myself with...lots of inquiring minds had been peppering me all summer long as to whether I pick Edward or Jacob as my favorite. Huh? Until the questioning began, I didn't realize what a BIG deal that is for some Twilight fans. Was it a big deal to you to "pick a side?"

The Mathews said...

I'm still kinda at a loss for words. It wasn't that I thought it was bad, just strange. It felt like she gave up, the author that is... does that even make any sense?

Morgan said...

*spoilers* i kind of agree about the giving up thing. it was all too perfect, and pretty predictable. i for one, was really disappointed that she didn't let the battle between the volturi happen. that would have been awesome, and much less cliche'. but, i too loved that bella wasn't whiney, and thought she was pretty awesome as a vampire. but, in some ways, i think her and edward's relationship is better with her human, even though i hate her human... so confusing. but i liked it, but didn't LOVE it.