Friday, June 19, 2009

"Go Back To Your Double Wide And Fry Something"

A Few Things You Should Know About My Dad:

He just called home to find out what my brother’s cell phone number is. He gave my brother that cell phone a few months ago, with that phone number, after using it himself for several years.

He calls me “Stacey Kimmi” at least 90% of the time, and he calls my sister “Kimmi Stacey.” He calls our friends things like “The Roofer’s Kid” and “Blue Eyes” because he doesn’t remember names.

And yet, when Sweet Home Alabama was on TV the other day, he sat there and quoted the entire movie word-for-word.

9 comments:

J-Dub said...

Your dad is hilarious.

kathryn said...

at least he doesn't have a secret family in japan...

Bingham fam said...

That is funny! I guess I would love hangin with your dad be cause I love that show and watched it the other night too!

Mo said...

I love your dad. And I can totally hear him calling you stacey kimmi.

zippy said...

Awesome! Your dad is one cool dude. : ) Glad your having fun making memories at home.

Melissa said...

Looks like he's got his priorities straight LOL

Anonymous said...

Kim! This is Elizabeth Bruch, from back in the day. My dad does the SAME thing - "Eliza-Karin" and "Kar-Elizabeth".

All the time! I am glad I found your blog, and I hope you are doing well!

Kaylee said...

My dad goes through all my sisters before he gets my name. Jamie, julie, kris, Kayle, yeah Kayle...

Leah said...

Come on, Kim. Can't you empathize now that you have two kids? I've been calling Garrit Drew and Drew Garrit since Drew was born. I'll probably call baby girl Garrit or Drew too.

Are you guys back yet?