Sunday, January 24, 2010

What Are The Chances?

Ben lost his job a few weeks ago, so he has spent a good part of this month e-mailing his resumé to the world. He's been applying for jobs mostly in Utah, but also a few in California and Colorado since that's where our parents are.

So I've been looking at real estate in California and Colorado, just for fun.

Yesterday I found a house in Colorado that looked like it might be our dream house. It had lots of open space on the main floor and it was completely outdated, so I would get to pick my own upgrades.

I told Ben about my "dream house," and then asked him to come look at the photos online. He asked, "What's the address?" and I told him. Then he said, "I used to live in that house."

14 comments:

Tami said...

That's crazy!! It's a sign....you're supposed to buy it! :)

Melissa said...

OH MY GOODNESS.

The Mathews Family said...

That's too crazy! Where in Colorado is the house?

Bethany said...

kim, i'm so sorry about ben's job, that is crazy. you should have him forward his resume to casey, his company is always looking, and we all know ben's got some serious skillz. (if you don't mind a little texas or tuscon. ;) although, they do happen to be in both cali and colorado, i'm totally aiming for the latter.)

oh geez, puh-lease tell me that house is the one by the high school and the papa murphys. casey loves that house.

zippy said...

So sorry to hear about the lose of Ben's job! Hope the right fit comes along soon!! What field is he in again? Wondering in case we have any connections out here we could put you in touch with...let us know.

Oh, and about the house in CO--CRAZY! Where in CO?

Jessica said...

I hear that everyone in Colorado is super cool - you should really move here!

The Fallon Schank's said...

Kimmi-Cakes! Amazing! This just means that the two of you were destined for eachother.

Okay, so what kind of job is Ben looking for? (We'll keep our eyes and ears open!)

Love YOU!

Kim Dubois said...

Thanks, guys! His degree is in mechanical engineering, and the house is in Littleton. But it's probably not the one Casey loves, Bethany, because Ben was little when he lived there.

You guys are all awesome!

Melissa said...

Oh, Kim...I'm sorry to hear about the news. I'll keep my ear out for anything.

But I have to say....perhaps Colorado IS your fate! Crazy odds!

J-Dub said...

Woah! That is weird. Maybe he is supposed to live in it again...

Good luck with everything on the job front. He should find a good head hunter.

Leah said...

Oh man! That STINKS! Well, I hope Ben gets a job in California. And I hope Garrit gets a job in California. And maybe they'll work in the same city. And we can live 1.6 minutes away... again. Where is he applying? I'll have Garrit apply in the same areas...

Oh yeah. And don't move into that house in CO. It's a sign you SHOULDN'T live there. CA is better.

So did you call Brett Selick?

Unknown said...

Move to Sacramento! You can stay at our house!

Angela said...

kim, I'm so sorry about Ben's job! What a tragedy! I feel like everyone I know is getting let go. Maybe it's time to move to Missouri...or better yet - DC! And it seems like you guys just got your house too. I think I would die of happiness if you guys moved to the East coast.
Well, looks like we need to have band practice soon after all!

hb said...

I think you should move to Spanish Fork! Then you could keep up with Jello making! (You know you're from CA when you actually hyphenate and properly capitalize Jell-o). Sorry about Ben's job though. Hope he finds something great.