Sunday, November 21, 2010

Team Red Vines

After knowing Ben for 13 years, I just found out two days ago that he prefers Twizzlers to Red Vines. And now I can’t stop thinking about it. Faint memories are coming back, like the times he would buy those waxy little cherry-flavored “licorice” bites from the gas station on road trips. I just assumed he was desperate and real licorice wasn’t available. Now I’m starting to question whether we’re even compatible. Honestly, Twizzlers? BLECH.

3 comments:

mom said...

Sorry, but that's probably a learned taste, and you didn't have a chance growing up in our family. I'm pretty sure we're all team red vine. We're worse than discriminating...we're downright fanatic about some culinary traditions.
In fact, if someone were to disguise themselves as a sibling and you questioned their identity, you could easily ascertain the truth by handing them an oreo and a glass of milk and casually mentioning "no dipping allowed on penalty of DEATH." As you know, a true family member would dip anyway.

kathryn said...

So when I first started dating my Ben he would always buy CHOCOLATE TWIZZLERS... sick, huh? But then the other day I knew that our tastes were becoming aligned when I bought chocolate twizzlers all on my own... Ben wasn't even around. (Maybe Ben is brain-washing me.) But I still 100% can't eat the cherry twizzlers, I'm team Red Vines all the way.

The Crowley's said...

Do you want me to set you up a profile on LDSsoontobesingle.com?!?!?