Ben just asked me if I was awake when he thought something was going to fall on me last night. I said, "No, were you sleeping?" He answered, "Yeah. I stood up on the bed. I thought the clock projection was 3-D printing*, and when it finished it was going to fall on you. You said something and woke me up, but I don't remember what you said."
And I don't even remember saying anything, let alone seeing him stand on the bed. I would have loved watching that.
I guess this is proof that we wouldn't be good candidates for co-sleeping with a baby. Poor little Ollie might have been trampled last night.
*I just realized that "clock projection" and "3-D printing" might sound like nonsense. My alarm clock projects the time onto the ceiling, and Ben recently built a 3-D printer that he's kind of obsessed with. And FYI, a 3-D printer is not as cool as it sounds, except maybe for engineers or other nerds.
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
you'll be glad to know that derek dreams about 3-D printers too.
My brother one time dreamt he was a pig and was rooting around the bed snorting.
His wife woke up to it and woke him up so she could mock and laugh at him.
Pretty fun times when your sleep deprived.
I hear nohting but the baby ..............lik NOTHING.
It's amazing. She's the only thing I'll wake up to.
This is awesome, for multiple reasons. But mostly I think it gives me permission to tell stories about Ben talking in his sleep.
#1: When we were kids, Ben and Ryan and I were staying over at one of our houses. Ben had fallen asleep on the couch while we were playing Zelda. You know how it beeps at you when you're about to die? Well apparently Ryan and I weren't doing very well while Ben was asleep, because Ben sat up and said "Stop that incessant beeping!" and then went back asleep. I don't think he remembered it later, but we quoted it for years.
#2: When we were roommates at BYU, I was up in the middle of the night playing some video game as I often was. Ben was asleep. Without any trigger Ben sat up in his bed, looked right at me, and said... something that I couldn't understand. I wasn't sure if he was talking in his sleep or not, so I asked him, "Are you asleep or are you talking to me?" He then got really mad and yelled, "I'm talking to you!" Then he laid back down asleep as if nothing had happened.
I don't have any of him getting up and doing things in his sleep, though, so you still win.
My printer
Ah, those lovely, early years of sleep deprivation! (They say your performance is the same as a drunk. Lovely!)
I sense a theme in Bryant's stories: Ben sleeps while Bryant stays up late playing video games. :)
Post a Comment