Maybe I should dedicate this blog to the new things I learn about my husband. Here's a new one:
Last night I begged Ben to go for a walk with me and he finally agreed to go, after tons of persuasion. The guy hates to exercise. It might have something to do with the fact that he builds swimming pools for a living, so when he comes home he's ready to rest. Who knows?
So I finally convinced him that it was just going to be a walk and he wouldn't even get sweaty. Well Ben only has about 5 pairs of shoes, and one of them happens to be a pair of running shoes. They've never been worn in the 2 1/2 years that he's owned them, but I pulled them out of the box last night and asked him if he would wear them. He didn't want to because he thought it meant we were going to run instead of walk. He finally consented after I promised I wasn't going to make him run.
We walked a couple of blocks to the park and then walked around the track, and then started back for home. I was pretty antsy the whole time because I kind of feel like walking is a waste of time. I would way rather jog. But I didn't want to risk having Ben never come with me again, so I stayed with him until we got back to our street. Then I asked him if he wanted to just run the rest of the way home and he said, "Okay, do you want to race?" So I said, "Sure." So we raced home and he creamed me. Then when we got there I asked him if he wanted to go again and he said, "Yeah, that felt good!" So we went for a little jog. It was awesome! Like a dream come true! It will probably never happen again, but I'll always have the memory of the one time Ben went running.
Tuesday, August 31, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just so you know that I am reading this and I wasn't just saying I do to you the other day I figured I should post a little comment. Way to go on getting your husband to exercise! It's going to take a lot more than that for whoever I marry to get me to do physical activity. I used to have a pair of shoes like that, but I just decided that they were never going to be used so I probably just give them away so that they will be used by someone that needs them.
Running is of the devil. I tried to start liking it becuase my boyfriend at the time was really into working out and doing physical stuff, but I just coudln't catch the vision. My running shoes are used only for ultimate frisbee.
Post a Comment