Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Surprise for Bryant's Refresh Button

It’s been almost four months since I’ve written anything. I’m a very bad blogger and I should be fired.

And speaking of getting fired…

I totally got laid off last week. I’ve been working part-time from home for the last six months. Apparently there’s not enough work to go around for the real writers who dress up and work full-time at the office, so they had to bring my e-newsletter back in-house. I guess at-home part-timers are lower on the totem pole than at-work full-timers. My boss was ever so cool about it, but it’s still rather embarrassing.

I’ll go ahead and continue to over-use hyphens and mention that for now the plan is to just be a stay-at-home mom.

And speaking of being a mom…

My baby is so dang cute. He’s six months old now…can you believe it? That’s practically old enough to walk and skip and answer the phone and give high fives. Okay, not really. But he does roll over counter-clockwise from his belly to his back. I know…so talented. I’m not sure what’s so scary about rolling clockwise, but just forget it. He won’t do it.

And don’t even try to distract him while he’s watching Baby Einstein. Godzilla could walk in the door and Liam wouldn’t blink an eye if Baby Einstein were on. That’s my boy—way to stay focused.

He’s eating solid foods now. He’s actually eating a tablespoon of rice cereal mixed with enough water to create the consistency of liquid soap. There’s nothing solid about it, but I'm still proud of my big boy.


3 comments:

be said...

He's just not an ambi-roller.

Maggie said...

I've been checking the photos of Liam from the link on your husband's blog! I agree that he is so darn cute, but what can you expect with a mom and dad so cool? Anyway, I think I'm going to learn to play the mandolin. What do you think?

Kim Dubois said...

Maggie, that's the best news I've heard all day! You'll love the mandolin—it’s just like playing the fiddle, only you can carry on a conversation while you’re playing.