Saturday, January 06, 2007

10 Cool Things that Happened on My Christmas Vacation

  1. I visited all of my favorite stores that don’t exist in Utah (Ikea, the Sweet Factory, In-N-Out, Forever 21...).
  2. A radio DJ introduced the song he had just played by the Sick Puppies and then said, “I think I’m going to lose it if I have to hear one more power ballad in ¾ time.” Funny.
  3. We stripped the wallpaper in my parents’ family room, revealing the wall of memories underneath, where my friends and I had written all kinds of stuff the last time there was no wallpaper there.
  4. I got to play music with one of my all-time favorite bands, the Boney Mountain Mamas.
  5. Santa brought me my dream guitar.
  6. I got to hang out with the cutest little momma’s boy in the world.
  7. Ben told Ed-the-rocket-scientist that he would send him his résumé.
  8. Liam learned how to give kisses. So sweet.
  9. I made a New Year’s resolution to stop eating dessert on weekdays and I’ve already kept it for an entire week.
  10. I’m leaving Liam in California and meeting Ben in Costa Rica tomorrow. See you later, suckers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim you are the best fiddle and mandolin player we've ever heard, and we are so thrilled to be #4 on your list of vacation highlights, right after stripping wallpaper.
Also thanks for being the one and only post-er on our web site! Loves to you!