I’ve been home from my 3 ½-week vacation for 8 days now, and I still haven’t gone grocery shopping. Sure, Liam’s on his second gallon of milk and I bought some bread and even some bananas one time, but I got those at Target while I was shopping for a table lamp after I came home and realized that not only was it colder than Antarctica in Utah this week, but that even with all of the lights on you can’t see anything in my house. Ben claims he’s been trying to tell me this ever since we replaced all of our light fixtures with cool-looking (cheap) ones from Ikea, but I choose to believe that our house suddenly became gloomy. Or maybe I just got used to the sunshine.
I’m very intimidated by the grocery store, especially after a long trip. I haven’t made a list yet because I know it will be 4 pages long, and then I’ll remember 10 more things after I get home. I don’t know which is worse—pacing the aisles looking for all of the millions of items on my list or going listless and spending 3 hours at the store, wandering up and down every aisle, thinking about every product Mr. Albertson has to offer.
Is it too early to start getting anxious for Liam to get his driver’s license?
5 comments:
Hi Kim...you probably didn't know I was a lurker on your blog site, but I have so much fun seeing what all my sis's friends are up to! It took three kids for me to finally give in to my hubby's offers to do the grocery shopping. I must admit it took me awhile to get used to, but now I just give Mike the list and he goes and shops. Yes he does buy a few extras, but hey I can deal with some chips or ice cream anytime. :) I'm jealous about your Costa Rica trip...it sounds wonderful!
Grocery shopping is my personal form of torture and my husband doesn't offer to go for me. In fact I often have to beg him to go with me when I really don't want to go. I say take him up on the offer and enjoy!
I hate grocery shopping. I make the ear doctor go with me every time because I can't stand to do it alone.
Grocery shopping is a "purple" job, meaning boys can do it too. But I guess taking out the trash can be a "purple" job and I always tell Seth that it is a "blue" job and make him do it. I haven't really found any pure "pink" jobs yet.
i guess i'm the only one that loves grocery shopping. maybe that's because i LOVE food, or because it was something special my mom and i did together when i was growing up. however, it is a lot less fun to shop with a kid (and now 2 kids). they take up a lot of room in the cart. and toddlers love to get into groceries. mine espcially loves to open cartons of yogurt with her teeth and spill them all over herself, the groceries in the cart, and the floor. and then says to me while opening and closing her hands, "Sticky, mom... sticky". Duh. So now kids stay home with daddy while mom buys food. And maybe that's reason number 3 that i love grocery shopping- it's all about ME.
Post a Comment