What would you do with a fireplace like this? Hopefully in the next week or two I'll be able to show you the after pictures.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Having Spent Too Much Money This Month for Valentine's Day Presents
Sorry for being a total blogging slacker lately. After celebrating the month of De-Junking January, we’re working on a project called Fireplace February. It's taking forever, but I'm really excited about it. In fact, I think I’ll just go ahead and show you the before picture right now.

What would you do with a fireplace like this? Hopefully in the next week or two I'll be able to show you the after pictures.
What would you do with a fireplace like this? Hopefully in the next week or two I'll be able to show you the after pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oooo, are you going to tear down all the 70's rocks and put up something over-the-top and "classy" like marble? Or are you going to paint it all some funky color like purple? Or are you going to take it all out and patch up the hole with a little spackle? Or maybe you'll put a ladder in there as an alternate escape route. You could turn it into and oven for baking bread and pizza like the ones they have at Macaroni Grill. Or cover the whole thing in mirrors to make the room feel twice it's size. Or (and I really do think this is an awesome idea) you could modge podge pictures of me all over them so that it's like i'm right there with you, hanging out, all the time. awesome. i vote for that one.
Sometimes I think Kat just likes the sound of her own typing.
That being said...
You have a 70s stone fireplace?!
I'm not kidding when I say this.. my sister had one of these in her house and as a chore for me when I was growing up, she used to make me spray the mossy (black) stuff so it would stay green and keep growing. Maybe your going to do that, and it will be junglish! Cool!
Actually, I probably would have painted it. I can't WAIT to see it finished. Really, I might have to come over TOMORROW.
HEY KIm,
I am excited to see what you do with that baby! I saw them sand blast one of those fireplaces once on HGTV it turned out awesome. Also are those wood paneling walls Painted? I think it looks great! Let me know if you did that. I want to paint over mine, but am not sure how!
You better believe those are wood paneling walls, Kristy. They were really easy to paint. You probably just need a coat of primer first. I used a brush on the vertical stripes since a roller wouldn't get in the crevices, and then I just rolled the rest of it.
Post a Comment