Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Huh?

Our realtor called yesterday to tell us that the seller of our new house filed for bankruptcy without telling anyone. It was going to be a short sale, but now it will go up for review sometime in June and then become a foreclosure. Long story short: it’s no longer ours.

Did I mention we were going to close on it tomorrow?

9 comments:

Bingham fam said...

THAT SUCKS! What a bunch of chumps I can't believe they didn't say anything to you.

Morgan said...

that is totally lame-o! but couldn't you just try to buy it as a foreclosure? or will it be too long before you will be able to? i don't really know how that stuff works.

Bethany said...

what the?!

Melissa said...

Ok so I'm with the second comment. Can't you buy it as the foreclosure and pay TONS less for it? This could be awesome couldn't it?

Emily said...

Whaaaa? That's crummy news. How can someone just file for bankruptcy and not let people know?

mom said...

Time to make your lemons into lemonade: Consider this a gift of tying up the new house while giving you time to sell your present one! YES! You're going to save two mortgage payments, at least!

Paige said...

Lame city.

KT2 said...

I agree with Mom - I know that the girls and I are looking on the bright side! Yay for us!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim:
I'm pretty sure that if you call the lending agency that the Sellers mortgage is through yo can work out a sales agreement and you can probably get it for a little less than you were going to!

Mike