Ben’s boss took us, along with six other employees and their spouses, on a quick trip to Las Vegas this weekend.
We flew in Friday morning and took a giant Hummer limo to the Venetian, where we checked in and then hung out in a private cabana by the pool for a couple hours. I really liked the cabana because I could lie in the sun (with my SPF 45 sunscreen, of course) and sip my drink without having millions of people around. Ben really liked the cabana because he could watch TV in the shade while eating nachos and wings.
Next we had dinner at The Palm and then went to see Phantom of the Opera. I hadn’t seen Phantom in 10 or 15 years, so I didn’t remember how awesome it was. Totally awesome. Afterward we went up to Ben’s boss’s giant hotel room and ate cheesecake while watching the end of the Jazz game.
The next morning we had breakfast at the Venetian and then went to the bodies exhibit at the Tropicana. Again, totally awesome. Then we moseyed on back to our hotel by way of the New York, New York roller coaster. Have you noticed that everything is better when someone else is paying?
Back at the Venetian, we had a quick lunch at the Wolfgang Puck restaurant out by the pool, then grabbed our stuff and got back in the Hummer limo. We were back at the airport after only about 28 hours. So that’s what I call a really fun really quick trip.
Monday, May 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow what a great weekend. Who took care of Liam?
Liam had a slumber party with his biggest fan, Aunt Schmath. He thinks he had more fun than we did.
Haha, I pulled this up - and thought, "what the...I already commented?"
You just lived the weekend of my dreams. How's the new house business going?
It sounds to me like Ben's boss really knows how to treat his employees right.
When the ear doctor starts his own practice I hope we are able to afford to do this kind of thing for them!
Wow! How fun! Ben has the coolest boss in the world!!
First I felt awe, then jealousy, then a tiny touch of rage (that I wasn't there). Now I just feel happy for you and your lame husband and his stupid job. (Ok, maybe the jealousy hasn't subsided yet.)
Post a Comment