Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What Would You Do?

Liam has been daytime potty trained for a year, but he still sleeps in a diaper and wakes up at least 5 pounds heavier, smelling strongly of urine, in his very full diaper.

After eating a Wendy’s frosty a few minutes ago, Liam complained that he was cold and climbed in bed to get under the covers. I just walked in and found him sound asleep. On the one hand, this is really awesome because it’s hard to get him to take a nap these days. But on the other hand, he hasn’t peed all day and he’s wearing underwear.

So, do I wake him up and put a diaper on him, even though the chances of him falling back asleep are slim to none? Or do I wait for him to wake up crying because he peed all over himself?

4 comments:

Schmath said...

Too bad you don't have any puppy pads. You could just slip one under him. So what ended up happening?

kathryn said...

go for the peeing on himself. it's worth the extra laundry to have a few minutes of peace.

Kim Dubois said...

It was a urine-less miracle! I let him sleep for 2 hours before waking him up, and he was totally dry. You better believe he got licorice for that.

Melissa said...

I'd let him sleep and hope when he woke up in pee he hated it and maybe it'd start from there.