
Isn't there a saying that goes, "First baby has colic, shame on him. Second baby has colic, shame on me"? Eliza was diagnosed with colic a few weeks ago, and when I called the doctor's office to ask what was wrong with her, all I said was that she acts like it hurts to eat, especially in the evening. I never said anything about her screaming all the time or being Liam's little sister. And they still called it colic.
Now I'm wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong. I tried the Eliminate Dairy, Chocolate, and Spicy Food Diet with Liam, but it never helped him. So I won't be trying that one again, thanks. I put white noise in Eliza's room and made her a cute little heating pad for her tummy, plus I've tried massage and lifting her legs.
Anyone have any other ideas?
9 comments:
You didn't show me the headband! How dare you hold out on me! CUTE!
i've heard that gripe water is supposed to be great. i also saw these hyland brand colic tablets (they also have teething tablets that are great) but don't know anyone that's tried them, so can't tell you if they are good or not. but both of them are all natural. good luck!
Does she arch her back when she eats? Does she spit up a lot? If so, it could be reflux. Ashley had that, and when we gave her Zantac, she was much happier. The difference was like night and day. I love this picture. She is a cutie!
get thee a nanny.
Devan was horribly colicky for three months so I totally know how you feel. Lilah is even getting a little fussy these days and I'm praying it's not colic. I used gripe water with Devan and it seemed to help a little. Also, my pediatrician recommended something called probiotics for colic. I haven't looked into it but if your baby is screaming, it's worth asking about! Good luck!!!
Hi, little niecie! Chels screamed from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. for a little while when she was a bitty baby. It didn't last too long,(and she only screams occasionally now)BUT make sure that you can pass the babe onto your husband to hold and take turns, so that you don't go nuts. I gave up everything that anyone said might cause colic and lost all of my maternity weight in 2 weeks. I don't think that anything worked, although some people say peppermint. Chels has the pnut allergy. I did eat pb&j sandwiches. Maybe that had something to do with it. Whatever, it does go away! Play tag team holding the little bumpkin. (She is adorable!)
She is so adorable! My only suggestion is have you read The Happiest Baby on the Block? Charlotte never had colic so it could be total bunk for colilc, but it really helped us. I hope things get better sooner rather than later!
That was Madelyn. Since she was my first, I really didn't think it was abnormal. We tried grip water, different formulas, and new bottles. The bottles were the only thing that saved our butts.
If you're nursing, I don't know what to tell you. My niece had similar issues with nursing, and they finally decided that it was easier on the baby to drink goat milk from a bottle.
If it comes down to needing bottles, try the Dr. Brown bottles. Huge pain to wash (or load into the dishwasher) AND they're more expensive - but they're worth it.
Keep us all posted. COLIC IS THE WORST!
Maisey didn't have colic but The Happiest Baby on the Block suggestions totally worked to calm her down when she was upset.
Post a Comment