Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bring On The Nutella

This morning I took Liam to his annual visit with the allergist. This year he was tested for cats, dogs, almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, coconut, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios, sunflower seeds, and walnuts.


Now it’s five hours later and he still looks like he has chicken pox. But the good news is that he’s not allergic to brazil nuts or hazelnuts. Also, I'll never have to be talked into getting a pet. I can't wait to see what next year brings.

7 comments:

J-Dub said...

It looks like someone was playing tick tac toe on his back.

Poor little guy. I hope everything turns out well.

Devan will be thinking of him.

mom said...

Bad news...Grandma is allergic to Brazil nuts, so they might eventually come off Liam's list of desirable snacks as well. The good news is, who likes Brazil nuts, anyway? (Other than possibly Sergio Mendez.)

And more good news: I test allergic to just about everything, but get along fine...even with outdoor dogs. (Maybe that's bad news for you, though.) Just keep in mind that tortoises are hypo-allergenic.

Schmath said...

No dogs!? I'm going to go cry myself to sleep for the poor little dogless boy.

Kaylee said...

Poor guy. I am so sorry. allergies are not fun. So how are you doing Kimmy? Miss ya
love, Cousin kaylee

The Crowley's said...

I have to take Michael in soon- I have been avoiding it because I really hope he clears some things and does acquire new ones. You can always wish!

The Fallon Schank's said...

Things always get better as your children get older. I know when Chels was little, I'd wake up nights worrying about her peanut allergy. She hasn't had contact since she was 5. Her asthma rarely bothers her too. Gma Mathews always said, "It gets easier"--it does! Love YOU! FDAD

Kathleen said...

Good luck on narrowing it down. My only food allergy is bell peppers, but every time I have them, even if it's just bell pepper flakes in a sauce, where you can't taste them and don't know there in there, I tend to stop breathing. It can sure shut down a party.