Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pacifier Free Zone

Eliza is 5 months old today, and she celebrated by sleeping for 10 hours straight last night. That’s pretty huge, because she’s been waking up at least once every night since birth, asking for me to stick her pacifier back in.

A few days ago I decided that her going to bed nicely with the pacifier wasn’t worth me waking up in the middle of the night, so I started letting her cry herself to sleep. I’m totally selfish like that.

But she slept 10 hours straight! And she’s happy! Come on, stop judging.

7 comments:

Schmath said...

Now you just need to get her to clean up her own poop, and she'll be perfect! I'm so jealous. Can I drop Hanne off for some training? Maybe we could trade babies for a while?

Rochelle said...

I am ALL about letting you kid learn how to sleep on their own!!!! I was SO happy when Grant learned how to do it... and I am selfish too :)

Melissa said...

Your not selfish. I wouldn't wake up just to put the pacifier in my kids mouth either.
Keep up the good work, 10 hours is better than 4 hours and waking and another 4 hours.

Lark said...

I wish I took Mimi's pacifier away at 5 months...nice work!

Tricia said...

Eliza is so, so pretty.

Maggie said...

That gives me hope. Someday I'll get back to that!

Lisa said...

way to pull the plug. We are about the end maisey's fling with the binkie too, wish me luck. Oh and at church the other day I noticed a bunch of couples with only 2 children. You should remind people that you come from Cali and that having only 2 kids is totally the norm out here!!