Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Surgery Fun

At Liam’s last well-child visit, the doctor found a tiny white mass in his right ear. He called it a “cholesteatoma” and sent us to the ENT. The ENT said it’s not uncommon, and scheduled surgery to have it removed today.

I warned Liam a few weeks ago that after we got back from our Christmas in Colorado, the doctor would take the little white ball out of his ear.

On Christmas night, as I was tucking Liam into bed, we talked about all of his cool new presents and I asked, “Can you believe Christmas is over?” He answered, “I thought the dentist was going to take the white ball out of my ear when Christmas was over.” Apparently he was a little excited about it.

And really, why wouldn’t he be? He got to wear cool jammies:


And play lots of games on the ipad:


And then some more games on the Wii:


And then take a nice nap:


Then wake up and watch TV:


And roll on out of the hospital in a sweet ride:

4 comments:

The Fallon Schank's said...

'So glad he was none the worst for the trauma! 'Love you guys! (Hey, 'want to send me Eliza's dress for repairs?)

Bingham fam said...

Glad that he is doing good.

John W said...

What a trooper.

Tami said...

What a brave boy! Hope he is feeling fine!