Thursday, January 20, 2011

Meltdown

This is what happens when Ben stays at work for an extra half hour:



Weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth for no apparent reason. How dare I make Liam clean his room and Eliza pick up the cup she threw downstairs before they can eat dinner. Honestly! Can’t I see how busy they are?

I told Liam he was out of control and he sobbed, “Only robots get out of control, Mom. Not humans.”

4 comments:

The Crowley's said...

I love this!!!

John W said...

"Only robots get out of control". That is brilliant! I love the things kids say, even if during a fit of rage.

Emily said...

Haha! I love Liam's logic.

mom said...

You're reminding me of a brilliant idea Aunt Kathy had that provided perspective in the craziest moments of motherhood. She said that when she felt overwhelmed, like when the kids had dumped out all the cereal on the floor, complete with the milk and the sugar (or maybe it was peanut butter and jam), she got out her camera and took a picture. Suddenly it changed the situation from a very depressing moment to something to laugh at. I loved her idea...It changed my thoughts at some difficult times from "I can't handle this!" to "Ooooh, where's my camera?!"