Sunday, January 02, 2011

Most Embarassing Moment of My Christmas Vacation

Right before Eliza was born, Ben’s grandma bought her a fancy, expensive Christmas dress in size 18-months. When she found out she was probably going to die and her biggest regret was that she wouldn’t get to see Ellie get chubby, I think Grandma Great imagined the future Eliza in that Christmas dress.


We spent Christmas in Colorado with Ben’s family, so of course I brought The Dress. On Sunday morning, I asked Ben’s mom if I could iron Liam’s shirt for church. The Dress was a little wrinkly too, but I knew better than to iron such weird fabric. AND YET…I talked myself into just ironing the inside-back section of the skirt while the iron was heating up. It worked really well, and then suddenly it didn’t. The third time I set the iron on the dress, it totally stuck, simultaneously melting the dress and ruining my mother-in-law’s fancy iron.


In less than five seconds, I won the awards for Daughter-In-Law of the Year and Granddaughter-In-Law of the Year.

3 comments:

Schmath said...

Little did Grandma Great know that Eliza would never get chubby. You guys need a steamer!

The Fallon Schank's said...

Okay...this is where we do a little gather bunch, and put a cute, black velvet bow on top! Wahlah!

mom said...

Won't Advantage clean up the iron? It's worth a try.

Meanwhile, Grandma Great is loving this pic of Eliza looking very much like her great-granddaughter.