Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Dying Language of Cursive

I recently bought a bunch of burlap and turned it into curtains, but they were too boring so I decided to write on them.


After I hung them back up, Liam asked, “What language is that?” I said, “French.” Then he said, “I bet I know why you chose French…because it was easier. Since some of the letters attach to each other, you didn’t have to pick up the marker as much in between letters.”

3 comments:

The Crowley's said...

looks awesome. what did you write and how did you get it so even?

Kalen's Mommy said...

I was directed to your page to take a look at your Cursive Curtains as inspiration for a wedding cake (I want to paint gold hymn lyrics on a fondant covered cake). Although the medium is quite different, I'd love any tips you could offer! Great work!

Kim Dubois said...

I wrote the Proclamation, and I actually printed it out on 60 sheets of paper, taped them together a few at a time, and traced it.

My only advice would be, since you don't get to trace it, practice a bunch before you start on the cake. :) You're very brave!